12/08/2011

Blueberry Pancakes

Time flies: summer is almost behind us, we’re already in August! One good thing though is that we’re in the middle of blueberry season! Theses little berries are as good as they’ll get: plump, fresh and juicy! I ate so much of them lately that I’m starting to see life in blue.. Well.. in a good way! Anyways!



As I told you before, I just love breakfasts… especially when they include fresh seasonal fruits. It isn’t something we can enjoy all year long in this beautiful North America, so we should indulge while it’s time! Recently, I made these gorgeous blueberry pancakes. The pancakes are delicious by themselves, and you get a surprise when the blueberries explose under your teeth, letting all their juices burst out!



Tomorrow is Saturday… Hopefully you’ll have plenty of time to cook yourself and your loved ones a nice breakfast! Have a nice weekend!



Recipe (Adapted from Ricardo)

Ingredients

 2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
 1/4 cup sugar
 2 eggs
 2 cups of milk
 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
 1 ¼ cup of fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries, thawed)
 Butter

In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.

If the blueberries are fresh, fold them gently into the batter. If they are thawed, add them to the pan when you cook the pancakes.

In a nonstick skillet, melt a little butter. Pour about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of batter and spread it, stirring the pan to get a pancake of about 15-cm (6-inch) in diameter. Place about 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of thawed blueberries on each pancake, if applicable.

Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes per side. Pile them up in a warm oven.

At service, drizzle with maple syrup. Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah! Pancakes! ...and blueberries are the best! But I think I would more than "drizzle" with maple syrup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right... When I eat pancakes, I actually drench them in maple syrup... When I think about it, it's crazy the quantity of maple syrup that I can go through in a year! ;)

    ReplyDelete